Wonderworks offers only need-based financial aid and only in the form of full-tuition waivers for Houston-area students positively demonstrating financial need. Any of the following are sufficient to establish whether students qualify for tuition waivers:
- Income-based enrollment in a federally-subsidized free or reduced-cost lunch program at school. If this is the case, please submit a copy of the enrollment form/certificate of eligibility. This, by itself, will serve as sufficient evidence of need.
- Enrollment in Children’s Medicaid. If you are enrolled, please provide a copy of your certificate of enrollment. This, by itself, will serve as sufficient evidence of need.
- Enrollment in the Texas Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). If you are enrolled, please provide a copy of your certificate of enrollment. This, by itself, will serve as sufficient evidence of need.
- Enrollment in the SAT or ACT fee waiver program. This, by itself, will serve as sufficient evidence of need.
- Adjusted gross annual family income not exceeding four times the federally-defined poverty level. If your family’s income falls within this limit (see: ), please indicate the figure reported to the Internal Revenue Service. As documentation, you MUST attach a copy of a signed and filed first page of Form 1040EZ or the first two pages of Form 1040 or 1040A and, if self-employed, Schedule C “Profit or Loss from Business” from Form 1040. If parents are divorced and/or file separately, both must provide copies of tax returns.
As a matter of fairness, Wonderworks expects only families who can afford tuition without undue stress or sacrifice to pay it. By the same token, we expect those families who are fortunate enough to be able to afford private schools, recreational travel, independent counselors and the like, to recognize Wonderworks’ tuitions as the bargain they truly are, no less than a timely investment in the intellectual and creative growth of their children.